In this article, I am going to share the simplest and proven approach to split large PST file into multiple smaller parts. Many customers faced large-sized Outlook PST file problem and seek a solution to minimize its size. To address this difficulty, shattering a PST file is the best option. So, browse through the whole blog to fix how to split PST file without Outlook issue. Let’s begin.
Reasons to Divide Large PST File without Outlook
There might be a number of different reasons why your Outlook PST file became split. The following is a list of some of the reasons:
- Because of the high size of the PST file, the MS Outlook application’s performance suffers, and the file has to be broken up into many smaller parts.
- In the event that a huge Outlook PST file surpasses its maximum size, this is what will happen. As a result, you are unable to access your Outlook, which means that you cannot send or receive any new email messages.
- It is necessary to split large PST file into multiple smaller parts in order to avoid the loss of data and information that might be caused by an overly large PST file.
Also Read: How to Open PST File without Outlook?
Manual Methods to Split Large PST File into Multiple Smaller Parts
Regrettably, Microsoft does not have a particular built-in utility that may split PST files that are excessively large. In this article, I will talk about the manual ways that are available to assist divide an Outlook data file into many sections. To resolve your problem, you need to just carry out the steps outlined in any one of the solutions to split large PST file into multiple smaller parts. Let’s start:
Method 1: using import/export icon
- To change your account settings, go to the File menu and choose Account Settings >> Account Settings.
- In the box for configuring your account, choose the “Add under the Data Files” option.
- After that, you have to give the file a name and specify that it is an Outlook Data File PST. After that, you may go on by clicking the OK button.
- Once again, pick Import/Export from the File menu after clicking Open & Export.
- In this section of the Import/Export box, you will need to choose the Export to a file option before clicking the Next button.
- Now, under the Export to a file wizard, choose an Outlook PST file to export.
- Select the folder you want to export, then make sure they Include subfolders option is checked to split large PST file into multiple smaller parts.
- In the last step, choose the place where you would want the file to be saved after exporting it by clicking the Browse button. After that, choose “Do not export, duplicate items” from the list of available choices, and then click the “Finish” button to conclude the process.
Method 2: Decrease the Capacity of Your Outlook Mailbox
- To begin, go to the File menu and choose Account Settings. After that, click the Account Settings button a second time.
- To create a brand-new PST file, go to the Data File tab and then click the Add button.
- The next step is to go to the home screen and then open the Outlook PST file by default. After that, choose the components that you need to relocate to a certain PST file that you have already produced.
- To do this, choose the option to Copy to Folder after clicking the Move icon located at the top of the screen to split large PST file into multiple smaller parts.
- After that, choose the PST file from the option to copy the chosen items to the folder, and then click the OK button. *
- In addition, to lower the size of the duplicated components in the default PST file, you may remove them from the file.
Also Read: How to Delete CCTV Footage Recording?
Method 3: Utilize the Archive Function
- The first step is to launch the Microsoft Outlook application and go to the File tab.
- After that, choose the Tools option by going to the Info tab.
- Put away Any Outdated Items to split large PST file into multiple smaller parts.
- Select a folder to archive, and then choose a date to use in the Archive things that are older than a box field. After that, choose the place where you want to save the archive file by clicking the Browse button.
- To conclude the process, click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
Important note: The manual approach that was stated before in this article has a few drawbacks and does not provide the intended result. Therefore, in this scenario, it is best to go with a software that is not associated with Microsoft in order to split large PST file into multiple smaller parts.
In this very blog post, I have discussed the many strategies that may be used to split large PST file into multiple smaller parts. On the other hand, the free technique does have certain limits; hence, I would suggest making use of a clever application to get around all of the constraints.