Recall an Email in Outlook: If you find yourself having a “Oh, noo!” moment after sending an email in Microsoft Outlook, don’t worry, assistance is on the way to recall an email in Outlook. An inbuilt feature of Microsoft’s email client enables a sender to recall an email even if the receiver has not yet opened it. The message recall option is particularly beneficial if you accidentally sent an email to the incorrect recipient, forgot to attach a critical attachment, or had second views about what you sent in the first place. (Perhaps I shouldn’t have sent that enraged email after all!).
How to Recall an Email in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and Previous Versions?
- In the left navigation panel, go to the Sent Items folder and tap on it. You may reach the Sent folder by hitting on a downward arrow if you don’t see it right away.
- Finding and double-clicking the message you wish to remember will open it in a new window.
- Then, at the top of the toolbar, choose the Message tab, and then drag your mouse to the Move button.
- Choose Recall This Message from the More Move Actions drop-down menu that appears next to the letter and envelope icon.
- For those of you who have the simpler ribbon. Go to the Messages tab, click the three-dot (…) icon, and then pick Recall This Message from the Actions menu.
- Select either Delete unread copies of this message or Delete unread copies and replace with a fresh message from the Delete unread copies drop-down menu.
- Check the box that reads, “Please notify me whether the recall is successful or unsuccessful for each recipient.” (You will be notified via email when the recall findings are available.)
- To continue, press OK to recall an email in Outlook.
- While creating a new email, Outlook will launch a message composer window for you to use. Make any necessary changes to your email and then click.
Limitations of Manual Methods
- Unless you have a Microsoft Exchange account, you are unlikely to receive the Recall This Email command since the functionality is either not accessible in your business or you do not have access to one.
- Azure Information Protection prevents you from retrieving a communication that has been encrypted.
- In the web-based version of Outlook, you are unable to remember an email.
- If you are sending an email to someone outside of your company, the recall functionality will not function correctly.
Also Read: Transfer MSG files into Outlook
The manual techniques outlined in this article were used to recall an email in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and previous versions. In addition, as a professional expert, I advise my clients to employ manual techniques before investing in any third-party software. I hope you have found this essay to be of use.