Whether or whether your Exchange OST file is orphaned or unable to open OST file in Outlook. You are interested in finding a technique to read OST file that does not need the use of Exchange or Outlook. Then, in this post, we will talk about the most effective methods to view OST files while you are not online.
About OST File
It is not possible to immediately open OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and all previous versions. Profile or email account since it is an offline Outlook data file. During the process of configuring an Exchange, IMAP, Office 365, or Hotmail account in Outlook, a file with encryption was produced. This file is linked to the particular profile and the device on which you set up the email account.
Unable to Read and View OST File in Outlook Offline Mode: Reasons
An offline Outlook folder file with the extension.ost will be generated whenever email clients connected to Exchange Server using the cached mode. Unable to open OST file in outlook may be maintained even if an Outlook profile is set up to use an Exchange mailbox as its default. In the event that the Exchange Server account is removed or becomes unreachable, the OST file will be corrupted. In addition, problems with synchronization between an Exchange Server and an Outlook email client can result in the OST file being orphaned. Even some users have reported that they are unable to view OST files on the browsers chrome, Firefox, or edge.
Outlook cannot Open OST File Reasons:
- Infection caused by a virus or other malware.
- The Microsoft Outlook application closes unexpectedly.
- The Microsoft Outlook account was removed from the Exchange Server inadvertently.
- There is a problem with the storage media to open OST file.
- When an Exchange account has been removed inadvertently.
Unable to Open OST File in Outlook: Manual Methods
- You may open OST file in Outlook by clicking or double-clicking the icon for the Control Panel. This will give you access to your email.
- Select the “Email” tab, then “Exchange Account,” and then “Change.”
- Take the checking from the box labelled “use Cached Exchange Mode,” and then click “OK.”
- To open OST file in Outlook, choose additional “Setting” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the option for Offline Folder File located under the Advanced tab.
- Click the Yes button in the dialogue box that appears to turn off the offline functionality.
- After that, repeat your previous action by pressing the “Offline Folder File” option.
- To open OST file in Outlook, choose the OK symbol from the toolbar.
- In the next dialogue box, choose the option Yes.
- Select the Cached Exchange Settings>> in the drop-down menu. Use Cached Exchange Mode
- Please press OK, then Next, then Finish.
- After that, choose the Close option in the Account Settings dialog window as well as the Mail Setup conversation window.
Method 2: Convert Outlook OST File into PST to Open
- To begin, launch Microsoft Outlook and go to the program’s file tab. From there, choose Open and Export >> Import/Export.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, pick the option to export to a file.
- After choosing the Outlook Data File (.PST) option, go to the next step.
- Now, pick the email account, files, or folders that you would want to convert.
- Select the folder in which you would want to save the converted file, and then click the button labelled “Finish” to open OST file in Outlook.
- You may now establish a password to safeguard the file you converted, and when you’re done, select the OK button.
- The next step is the exporting of the data from the OST file to the PST file.
The Open and Export button may be found under the File menu to open Outlook Data file.
In a nutshell, to understand how to open OST file in Outlook, we went through the processes that are explained in this article. On the other hand, it has a number of drawbacks, such as processes that are drawn out and difficult for staff without technical expertise to handle. As a result, you are free to choose the approach that is most suited to meet your requirements; but, if you have a great deal of trouble, you could want to think about using the assistance of a professional’s tools.