Are you one of those people who are trying to find a way to open Google Takeout files? If this is the case, read on because we have the answers to all of the questions you may have about reading Google Takeout files.
It is well knowledge that Google Takeout is an application that gives users the ability to export data from their Gmail accounts. The information from Gmail is saved in a file format known as MBOX. You cannot open Google Takeout files, unfortunately, if your computer does not come equipped with an email client that is compatible with MBOX.
Downloading and configuring an email client on your machine that is compatible with MBOX files is the first option available to you. If you want to get access to the data that is stored in Google Takeout. The second option is to use a free MBOX file viewer to open Google Takeout files.
How to Download Data using Google Takeout Application?
- To begin, go to takeout.google.com on your web browser. By default, Google Takeout will choose all 41 potential data out of the total available data.
- After that, deselect everything and choose the item from which you wish to make a backup.
- Continue scrolling down and click the box next to “Gmail.”
- After making your data selection, go to the bottom of the page and click the Next step button.
- A pop will appear to choose the mode of shipment when you go to the next stage. Then, under the mode of delivery, choose an option that corresponds to the location from which you want to download the archive file.
- Now, pick how often you want to make backup copies of your data under the Frequency section.
- After that, choose the appropriate file size and file type for the output.
- After that, choose the files to export by clicking the Create Export button.
- You will get a message from Takeout with a link to the saved files after the archive has been completely created. Select Download Archive to get started with the download, and your data will be transferred from the Google server to the Download folder after it has been successfully downloaded.
Also Read: How to Open OST File in Outlook?
How to Open Google Takeout Files Manually?
However, if you use Google Takeout, which saves files into the MBOX file type, you will be able to move all of your Google Mail messages.
You may use Mozilla Thunderbird to view the data file and open Google Takeout files on your computer. After that, you will have the ability to move them to another account if you so want.
Downloading the ImportExportTool is necessary for you to be able to open the file in Thunderbird. With the help of this Add-on, you’ll have no trouble importing the Mailbox file. And transforming it into a folder that contains your emails as well as your calendars.
- To begin, launch the Mozilla Thunderbird software on your computer. From the menu bar, click the Tool choice. Then, from the new pop-up window that appears, pick the Add-ons and Themes choice to launch the Add-on Manager page.
- Find the Import- Export Tool by going to the Extensions menu and then searching for it.
- Following that, a new window will show up on your screen; choose the Add to Thunderbird choice from inside that window.
- After that, you will a pop will appear to add the Import Export NG tool; when prompted, hit the Add button.
- The Import-Export NG utility has been introduced to your Thunderbird as of right now. After that, close out of the Thunderbird software.
- After a moment, launch Mozilla Thunderbird again.
- From this point forward, click on Local Folders to save the Google file to that location.
- After that, pick Import directly one or more MBOX files from the offered choices, and then click the OK button. You may access the Tools option by using the Alt key.
- The very last step, but certainly not the least, is to open up Thunderbird and import the file or subfolder that you had saved and downloaded from Google Takeout.
- When you do this, the folder containing your Google message will be copied into the Local folder.
Time to Say Goodbye
The majority of you have probably thought about using the Google Takeout feature to create a backup of your Google email account; nevertheless, the subject “how to read Google Takeout files” has recently arisen.
As a result, we have provided an explanation that is clear and concise to questions like this one inside this guide. To open Google Takeout files, you are free to pick any method that is suitable.