In this essay, we will talk about the MBOX file, as well as its benefits and drawbacks. In addition to this, we will go through the process to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook as well as the necessary steps. If you are seeking for something straightforward to fix your problem, then you will find this post to be beneficial.
About MBOX File
MBOX is the most widely used file format. It is a one-of-a-kind file that stores emails in text format and attachments in a format that is encoded. MBOX format is supported by Apple Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird, and Eudora, which are all major email applications. It is a format that is depending on the platform. Every MBOX email client is a desktop application that stores all of its data on the computer that it is running on.
Reasons to Open MBOX File in Outlook 2021, 2019 and Other Versions
MS Outlook is a well-known personal information organizer that many people use. It is the primary email application for many businesses as well as individual users, so they can send and receive emails with ease. The user interface, improved management system, and high level of security that Outlook offers have made it a popular email client. Users must import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook to take benefit of these functionalities.
There are a great number of additional explanations, such as switching jobs, migrating data, etc. Users import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook for these reasons as well as many others.
Manual Methods to Import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook All Versions
Here we will show you completely free and simple methods to Import MBOX to Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and all previous versions.
Method 1: Using Apple Mail
This procedure can be broken down into four distinct steps. We are going to import Apple Mail MBOX files into Outlook using this way. It is required that you have Apple Mail, Eudora, Outlook Express, or Outlook already installed on your PC in order to use this approach. To put this strategy into action, follow the procedures that are outlined below to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Export MBOX File using Mac/ Apple Mail
- Launch the Apple Mail app.
- Navigate to the File menu, and then click the Import Mailboxes option.
- Choose the file you want to import in MBOX format from the drop-down menu in the Import dialogue box, then click the Continue button to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
- Establish the path, then pick it to use for importing.
Step 2: Transfer Apple Mail file to Eudora Mail
- Make sure that the item with the MBOX extension has the MBX file extension. In that case, rename it.
- You should save the file in the C: Documents and SettingsApplication DataQualcommEudora directory.
- First, launch Eudora, and then double-click the MBOX file to open it.
- Exit from Eudora.
Step 3: Import from Eudora Mail to Outlook Express
- Launch Microsoft Outlook Express to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
- Navigate to the “Messages” tab under the “File” menu.
- Click the Next button after making your selection of Eudora from the list.
- Navigate to the location within Eudora where the files have been saved.
- Simply proceed by clicking OK -> Next -> Next -> Finish.
Step 4: Import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook using Outlook Express
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Navigate to the File menu, and then choose Open & Export.
- Make your selection from the Import/Export menu.
- Choose to Import Email and Addresses from the Internet.
- After clicking on the Next button, choose the Outlook Express option from the drop-down menu.
- Check to see that the box labelled “Import Mail” is selected.
- To continue, select the Next button to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
- Simply click the button labelled “Finish.”
Method 2: Open MBOX File in Outlook using Thunderbird Application
Through the use of this method, MBOX files will be imported into Thunderbird. Following the importation of MBOX, we will begin configuring Gmail in Thunderbird. Afterwards, we will move on to configuring the identical Gmail account in Outlook. You will need a Gmail account in order to carry out this procedure. If you do not already have a Gmail account, you should sign up for one right away to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
Step 1: Import Mailbox to Thunderbird
- Start Thunderbird.
- After you have finished installing the ImportExportTools NG add-on, restart Thunderbird.
- Choose ImportExportTools NG with the context menu that appears after you right-hit on the Local Folders.
- Pick to import an MBOX file by clicking the Import MBOX file option, then choose to import directly one or more MBOX files, and finally click the OK button to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Open button after you have chosen the MBOX files that you wish to import and have selected them.
Step 2: Enable IMAP and APP Password
As we all know that google less secure apps not working, so first we have to enable IMAP and app password in Gmail to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
- Sign in to your account on Gmail.
- After clicking on the setting symbol, select Setting from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose the option for forwarding as well as POP/IMAP.
- Check to see if IMAP is turned on or off. If not, then you need to activate IMAP to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
- Now in Gmail hit on your Google profile and choose “Manage Your Google Account” option.
- After that, hit on the “Security” option and from here enable the 2-step verification and generate the app password.
Step 3: Connect Both Accounts to Import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook
- Launch Thunderbird, then navigate to the Tools menu.
- Choose Options, then navigate to Account Settings by clicking there.
- Choose Account Actions and then Add Mail Account from the drop-down menu.
- To open a Thunderbird account, enter your name, email address, and generated password, then check the box labelled Remember password.
- After clicking the Continue button, pick the IMAP folders that you want to access remotely, and then click the Done button to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook.
- Choose the Gmail account you want to use, then create a new folder.
- Then, after giving the folder a name, click the button labelled Create Folder.
- Navigate to the Local Folders where the MBOX file was saved and open it.
- Select all of the emails, then right-click on the one you want to edit.
- Choose the Copy To option, then navigate to your Gmail account and pick the folder that you just made.
Step 4: Open MBOX File in Outlook with Gmail
- Open Outlook
- Navigate to the menu labelled File, and then pick Add Account.
- After entering your name, email address, password, and then retyping your password, click the Next icon.
- After the account has been checked, you can proceed by clicking the Finish option.
- You should check your emails after clicking the Close button
You won’t have to spend any money to import MBOX to Microsoft Outlook if you use one of the ways we just covered. But these techniques demand technical skill.