Does anybody know whether it’s feasible to import MBOX to Gmail without Thunderbird? If you are similarly perplexed by this circumstance, then we would want to reassure you that it is not impossible to find yourself in this predicament.
We guarantee that by the time you reach the conclusion of this post, you will be astonished to learn that straightforward procedure to import MBOX to Gmail without Thunderbird.
There is a wide selection of email clients that may be used for the management of emails in both a personal and business setting. The majority of desktop email client, including Outlook and Thunderbird, keep your mailbox information in MBOX format. One example of a application like this is Mozilla Thunderbird, which supports the MBOX file format.
The user, on the other hand, may only access this data file via the interface of the email client that is compatible with it, which presents a dilemma. Additionally, import MBOX to Gmail without Thunderbird is a somewhat dangerous operation, which is why you need to exercise extreme caution. You cannot utilize any solution and jeopardies your precious data.
Don’t be concerned! We are here to provide you with two options to import MBOX to Gmail without Thunderbird, one of which involves using Thunderbird, while the other does not.
Google’s Gmail is a free email service that is hosted in the cloud and provided by Google. It is convenient for many users since it is not dependent on any particular operating system. As was just said, there is no way that involves direct physical labor to transmit. MBOX emails cannot be directly imported into a Gmail account; however, they may be imported into a web-based email server in a roundabout way.
Methods to Import MBOX Files into Gmail Account
Since it is common knowledge that Mozilla Thunderbird supports the MBOX file format, importing an MBOX file into its interface should be a simple process. After that step, users may then utilize this manual technique to import MBOX to Gmail without Thunderbird.
There are two distinct phases involved in the operation of this approach. The user must first set up Thunderbird to work with their Gmail account, and after that is done, they must upload the MBOX message to their respective webmail account.
Step 1: IMAP configuration for Gmail and Thunderbird accounts
- Launch the desktop email client known as Thunderbird on your computer system.
- After the application has been opened, go to the Tool menu and choose the Account Setting option.
- You may add a mail account by selecting the Account Action >> Add Mail Account option from the menu found under the Account Setting option.
- Please click the Continue button after entering your Gmail email address and password in the respective fields.
- This application will verify your login information, and then a window will display showing the available configurations. Choose the IMAP option from this window.
- Now go to the Gmail Sign-in box, where you will input your login information before clicking the Next button.
- To give Thunderbird permission to view your emails in Gmail, click the Allow option.
- Navigate back to Mozilla Thunderbird and choose the option to set up an existing email account from the menu.
- The interface for your Gmail account has been added to Thunderbird at this point.
- On the left side of the software screen, you will see a separate folder where you may view all of your Gmail emails.
Step 2: Import MBOX to Gmail without Thunderbird.
- Switch over to your Thunderbird account once again. Create a new folder under your Gmail username and give it a name.
- Next, use the drag-and-drop method to transfer the email message from Thunderbird to the newly created folder.
- At this point, all of the emails stored in your MBOX archive have been imported into your Gmail account.
Having said that, this manual approach does have certain restrictions. It’s true for some of them;
Drawbacks of using Manual Methods
- It is a highly time-consuming procedure that calls for the aid of technical professionals for first-time consumers.
- The import procedure from MBOX to Gmail may be completed successfully using this way. If the MBOX file contains an endless number of emails, it will not operate.
- There is no possibility for selectively transferring emails using a filtering system.
- If the device is not utilized correctly, there is a significant risk of losing data.
- There is no ability to store information from the inbox, such as email addresses, attachments, or anything else, in a separate file.
- Perhaps most crucially, in order to carry out this process, you will need to install Thunderbird.
- Gmail does not provide a function that allows users to import MBOX to Gmail without Thunderbird at same time.