Do you have no idea how to export Office 365 mailbox to PST in 2022 for free? if yes, don’t worry, here I will show you completely free methods to archive Office 365 mailbox to PST format.
You might find yourself in a situation where you need to export Office 365 mailbox to PST file. For instance, when a user leaves an organization, when there is a need to comply with regulatory requirements, or when moving a mailbox to a different mail service.
Users have the ability to export their own mailboxes using the Outlook client, but administrators also have the ability to archive Office 365 mailbox to PST with relative ease using the Office 365 Admin Center.
In this article, I’m going to walk you through the process to download Office 365 mailbox to PST format.
Reasons to Archive Office 365 Mailbox to PST Format
- An urgent circumstance in which you are required to export Office 365 mailbox to PST file for legal or auditing reasons.
- An administrative account for Office 365 was compromised after being hacked by an unknown person or group.
- Avoid placing all of your data security and control trust in Microsoft.
- Want to store your mail and documents for a longer amount of time
- Data Loss due to mistakenly removing O365 account stuff to export Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- Delete an O365 User or Ex-Employee account from your company’s database permanently.
- The requirement is to create an archive of the shared mailbox in Office 365 using PST.
- Cloud Ransomware infections lead to the encryption of the victim’s business account data.
Manual Methods to Export Office 365 Mailbox to PST using eDiscovery
- Firstly, sign into your Outlook 365 account and choose the “Admin Center” option.
- Now, select “Security & compliance” from the menu on the left, and then select “permission” from the drop-down menu that appears to export Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- The next step is to select the “Edit Role” option under the “eDiscovery Manager” menu.
- The “Content Search” option can be selected from the “Security & Compliance” menu when a role is assigned.
- Next, select the kind of data you wish to export by clicking on the “+ New Search” button, which is located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- In addition, customers have the ability to restore their Office 365 mailbox to an earlier date by selecting “Add Conditions” from the drop-down menu and then clicking the “Add” button.
- After that, pick “Specified Location,” and then choose the location that must be selected.
- At this point, turn on the “SharePoint” and “Exchange Email” options to archive Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- In the final step, select the “save & run” option to create a backup of your Office 365 mailbox locally.
- In order to recover your Office 365 email account, you will need to input the name of the file and then click on the start icon.
- The tool will begin the search in the background at this point to export Office 365 mailbox to PST.
- Following that, select “More” followed by “Export results options.”
- To create a archive your emails in Outlook 365 to PST, click the “export” button. and then select “Download results” once more in order to configure the eDiscovery PST export tool.
- Now you may download the tool by clicking the “Install” button.
- After that, navigate to the location where you would like to save the exported data, and then click the ok symbol.
- In the end, you need to click the “start” button to export Office 365 mailbox to PST format.
Important Points to Download Office 365 Mailbox to PST
- The size of the exported PST files is set to 10 gigabytes (GB) by default. You have the ability to either increase or decrease the size of the file; however, bear in mind that if you make it too large, the possibility of file corruption also increases.
- If you make even one mistake, all of your data will be lost.
Time to Say Goodbye
Exporting Office 365 mailbox to PST is simple and straightforward, and one can do so either manually or automatically. The manual method does not incur any costs; however, it does not offer very many features and is not very reliable. Using the manual method can also result in a variety of drawbacks, some of which have been discussed above to archive Office 365 mailbox to PST.